Thursday 23 March 2017

Barrow of Presents

We're using our favourite colouring mediums this fortnight at As You Like It Challenge and mine has to be my Distress Ink reinkers which I use to watercolour my images.  I love the depth of shadow you can get with the inks as well as the smooth blending, but most of all I love the therapeutic application with the paintbrush!  It takes me twice as long to paint an image as it does to colour it with Copics, but my cards are not made for mass production so speed isn't an issue. I've often thought if I was going to earn even National Minimum Wage for my cards, they'd have to sell for about £25 each!  Looks like I'll have to stick at the day job for a while longer! 






Card Recipe:


From Lili of the Valley:

From The Ribbon Girl:
From Dies To Die For:
Other:
  • Watercoloured with Ranger Distress Ink Reinkers
  • The Langton Watercolour paper
  • Nitwit Collections Papers
  • 6mm lilac satin ribbon
  • 3mm flat backed pearls
I've been inspired by:
  • Simon's Monday Challenge - Layer it up (layered colours DI reinkers, layer papers etc)
Happy crafting
Annette
xx



13 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful colouring, very pretty card

Mojca said...

Your colouring is fabulous as always Annette! Such a pretty card. hugs! Mojca

Elaine Stark said...

Super cute. Your colouring is always superb. Elaine

Chrissy said...

Beautifully coloured Annette and love the cute image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Really beautiful colours Annette you make me desperately want to try the reinkers! I may have to get me a few bottles... Makes a gorgeous sweet card. Lisa xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colouring and I LOVE the image its so sweet!
hugs me xx

Carol S. said...

Pretty papers and the image is adorable. Colouring is not bad either!!Lol!!! Another gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Anne said...

Just gorgeous Annette. You wouldn't believe how many people used to come in the shop and ask why we didn't sell the sample cards. You could make a fortune they'd say, I used to just smile to myself and think you really don't have a clue!

Anne x

Squirrel x said...

Hahaha, I did similar sums once, scary isn't it, and puts it into perspective that we sell ourselves too cheap. Love the image, so cute, but the star of the show is always your artwork. Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Yes... we shouldn't rush our cards, that's what it's all about - the wonderful mindfulness and therapy colouring gives us, is priceless! And of course, I love your wonderful DI colouring of this cute image.. and your lush bow!

Christine x

Sarah said...

I am always in awe of your brushwork, in particular the amazing shading as demonstrated on today's beauty xx

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

WOW! Your watercoloring skills are off the charts! This is serious art-level quality-coloring! I love how you've blended everything so perfectly and have brought this image to life with the subtle shading and shadows you incorporated. And what an adorable card this is with the dimensional elements such as the flowers and ribbon. This whole thing was a treat to see and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Larissa said...

Very cute card. I really love how you colour your images with distress inks. I really should do more watercolouring, and maybe one day I will be half as talented as you are with watercolouring.

-xxx-